Audience: All users in Logicbroker.
In this article, you will find information related to Returns. The sections within this article are outlined below:
Logicbroker identifies a Return (EDI 180) as a document used to return any items from the order. This is sent after the order is received and invoiced if a customer chooses to initiate the return request. Refunds are issued by the retailer to the customer. The amount of the refund can be edited for each returned item in Logicbroker.
Retailers and suppliers send/receive return information depending on how they are integrated with Logicbroker (EDI, API, JSON, XML, CSV, Flat File, Logicbroker Portal).
- The customer initiates a return on the retailer’s eCommerce site
- The retailer sends/creates the return request in/to Logicbroker
- The supplier accepts or rejects the return
Return shipping is covered based on the established return policy
The customer ships product to the supplier or supplier contracted facility
The supplier notifies retailer that the product has been received and provides refund
The retailer refunds the customer
From the portal, users can see documents regardless of the way they are integrated with our system. To see document details, search for it using the search bar, click on it from the Dashboard or click View on the Orders page. See the return document-specific details below. For general document information, see our Documents article.
- Order ID – the value the retailer assigns to the order
- Reference Number – also known as the Purchase Order Number – typically the connecting identifier between all documents
- Return Number – unique identifier for each individual return file that will be submitted. Logicbroker auto-populates this field but it can be modified as needed Please note: Every return should have a unique Return Number. If you create more than one return for an order, be sure to change this field in each document
- Tracking Number – the tracking number used to send back the order
- Carrier – the carrier responsible for returning the order back to the supplier/retailer
There are a few return settings you can configure in the portal. See below for details on requirements, configurations and how they work:
Create a Return
For detailed step-by-step instructions, see our Create a Return Quick Start Guide below.