Creating a shipment is the required step to close out or complete an order (unless the order has been cancelled). By providing a carrier and tracking number, this information is transmitted to the retailer so the customer is notified that the order has shipped.
There are several ways to bulk ship and/or cancel from the Portal. The following is the easiest way to bulk ship and/or cancel orders.
1. Navigate to Orders --> Order Management
2. Select the orders you wish to bulk ship and/or cancel by clicking the appropriate checkboxes, or selecting all orders on a page. Then click on Ship/Cancel.
NOTE: You can adjust how many orders are visible on a page and you may also filter by status to only show orders in a "Ready to Ship" or "Ready to Acknowledge" status.
3. All shipments default to all items on the order shipping. If you want to do partial shipments, you can adjust the Ship Quantity to reflect what actually has shipped and leave any items that haven't shipped with a Ship Quantity of zero. If you want to ship part and cancel part, or cancel entirely, adjust the Cancel Quantity and Ship Quantity for each item. For any cancelled items, enter in a Cancellation Reason.
NOTE: Depending on the retailer, you may be required to enter in a specific cancellation code in the Cancellation Reason field. Additionally, some retailers may not allow partial shipment or cancellation of an item and/or order. You will receive an error message if you attempt these actions and there is additional information required.
4. When submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation message.
5. If there is an error, you will receive an error message and be given the opportunity to fix the error (by clicking on Retry).
NOTE: Some actions, such as multiple boxes/tracking numbers, can only be done from doing one shipment at a time and cannot be completed via the bulk shipment process.