dropship360 changes the way inventory is managed on your products. dropship360 updates individual Qtys as an aggregate count based on the Qtys set-up for each supplier.
In the images below the Total Qty is 34 but when you view the Product's Supplier information you see that Supplier 1 (MagVendID1) has Inventory 9 and Supplier 2 (MagVendID2) has Inventory 25; 9+25 = 34, the total.
Given that Inventory Qty is an aggregate of all of your trading partners, it is recommended to set up all trading partners (internal and external) as configured Suppliers/Warehouses. If you do not want orders to be sent to these Suppliers via the dropship360 process simply move them to the Inactive Column on the Supplier Ranking table.
If you are a Merchant/Retailer planning to use your own internal Warehouse as well as external trading partners use the following directions to configure this internal Warehouse as its own Supplier.
- Check to see if you are using Magento's Manage Stock feature. System > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options. Make sure Manage Stock is set to "Yes".
Logicbroker can now update your product Qty as an aggregate.
Be sure to save any configuration changes.
You can now either a. Treat the internal Warehouse as a normal drop-ship supplier, or b. Configure it as a Non drop-ship supplier and handle all orders/shipments manually.
- Navigate to dropship360 > Supplier Management and locate the Active/Non Active Supplier Table. Remember: if you plan on adding a supplier to this table you must add it to the Logicbroker Portal/Logicbroker System. You will need the pre-generated Vendor ID #.
- Locate the correct Supplier Code, this will match the Vendor ID # assigned to it. Change the Supplier Name to something recognizable such as "Our Warehouse" or "Internal Fulfillment".
- Next, connect this Supplier to a product. Follow the steps we have used before to do so. Manage Products > Select Product > dropship360 Supplier > +Add New Supplier.
- If you would like to treat your Warehouse as drop-ship supplier simply move it to the active column under Supplier Management. If not, keep it in the Non Active column.
- When your warehouse is set-up as a non drop-ship supplier and it is selected for sourcing the Drop Ship Item Status will be marked No Drop Ship.
- If a product has Drop Ship and Non Drop Ship Suppliers attached to it the Logicbroker logic will automatically source to the Drop Ship Supplier.