Audience: EDI users
Your EDI connection will only be applied to the enviornment you set them up in. Please remember to add a new EDI connection in production once you are live.
Step 1. Add your EDI identifiers
In the My EDI Identifiers section, click on Add custom identifiers and enter in your Qualifier and ID. If you want to set up unique identifiers for a partner, indicate the partner in the dropdown. Otherwise, we will default it to All partners.
Step 2. Upload your AS2 certificate (only for AS2 users)
If you plan on using an AS2 connection, in the My AS2 Certificates section, click on Add a new AS2 certificate. You'll use this later when you create your connection.
If you do not plan on using an FTP/SFTP connection, you can skip this step.
Step 3. Add your connection details
Your setup will depend on the connection method you plan on using. Logicbroker-hosted SFTP will be enabled by default.
- Continue with the default or update your connection - Click on Edit and select a new method from the Connection method dropdown. See callouts below:
Logicbroker-hosted SFTP - The username will be your Logicbroker account number and your password will be your API key, which you can generate from this page. API keys can be managed from the API Authentication page.
AS2 - Be sure to upload a certificate in the My AS2 Certificates section first. Once added, it will appear in the MY AS2 Certificate dropdown.
- Show advanced options (optional) - Enter in additional details in the Advanced options section if needed. These differ depending on the connection type and will allow you specify a partner, document type, file mask etc.
- Collect Logicbroker's connection details - For FTP/AS2 connections, you'll see the details you need from our system to create a successful conneciton on your side. This will include connection address, our AS2 certificate, etc.
- Test the connection - Click on Test connection to confirm it is working properly. You can either use our sample data or upload a file. You will also have the ability to edit the Sender/Receiver Qualifier/ID.
- Add a connection override (optional) - If you wish to have separate connections running for specific partners or document types, you can configure this by adding a connection override and specifying the partner or document type.
Step 4. Save and Enable your connection
Once you have your connection details added from the My EDI Connection section, be sure to hit Save. If you are ready to have this deployed to the environment you are in, click on Enable. Saving will not automatically enable your new setup. This allows you to start your setup and come back to it at a later date when you wish to implement it.
Step 5. Add a custom document setting (optional)
This step is optional. It is not common you will need to add a custom document setting, but if you do, you can do so from the My Custom Document Settings section. Either edit the default or Add a document setting override specific to a partner or document type. This section allows you to customize transaction data such as segment terminator, element separators, etc.
Step 6. View your partner's EDI connection details
The Your Partner's Test EDI Connection Details section will provide you with your partner's Qualifier/ID and EDI specifications (if applicable). Use this data to configure the Qualifier/ID in your system and map to your partner's specifications.